Monday, March 19, 2012

Pickleball Tournament: Nanaimo 2012 (NON - IFP Rules)

This tournament holds special significance for me!
  • Nanaimo is my home-town where I was born and raised and still have family and friends.
  • I competed in this tournament last year with a great partner (Lorne) which I had just met the morning of the tournament. We went on to take 1st place in the Men's doubles category. 
It all happens July 27-29, 2012 at Oliver Woods Recreation Centre in Nanaimo. The only drawback is the non IFP pickleball rules meaning they allow Apike/Hush.

This year they have added a cool feature that will take place on the Friday Night: Singles from 5:30-8:30 pm. I know there are a lot of young guys under 55 in BC looking for some pickleball singles. There will also be Ladies doubles & mens doubles on the Saturday, with the mixed on Sunday. Entry fee is $15 for singles, and $25 for other divisions + $5 for each addidional category (includes lunch on Saturday & snacks on Sunday.)
For more info contact Dee Pitcher rondee@shaw.ca (an amazing pickleball host and friend!)

No comments:

Post a Comment