Friday, June 1, 2012

Drop-in Pickleball: Play nice

How many times have you gone to not your usual drop-in pickleball place at a recreation center, and found it awkward to mix with the regulars. I know for myself, I have been fortunate enough to go to some great centers that are very welcoming to have new faces to play against, even learn new things. But then there are those other centers where you can't get into a decent game, or the same people will play game after game together. This occurred the other night at our rec center where fellow pickleballers from other out of town groups came (great players) and found it hard to mix. Yikes! I soon rectified the situation, and tried to get them playing. was everybody to blame...hardly. Some people have that hospitable spirit within them to welcome new people, others might feel intimidated, and others desire that they only play with the best. I played these new people that I knew, because they are great players, and were probably the best games of my night. When we were in Kindergarten, and we went out at recess to play, there would always be people at the sandbox. Some people just did their own thing, others saw an opportunity to play with new friends, and enjoy their time.

No comments:

Post a Comment