Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pickleball Strategy: Warm-up

So this post serves (2) objectives. The first being to show off my car, a 1974 VW Super Beetle. I call him "Archie" and he is my daily driver. The 2nd being that "Archie" like us, are getting older daily and take a little more time to get ready. I'm amazed when I get to the pickleball court to find people not stretching before they play. "Archie", my VW, takes time each morning gently getting started through his warm-up routine, before I can take him on main roads without stalling at the traffic light. So too with us, when we don't warm up before we play pickleball, we can due injury to ourselves, even stall out during a game. So take time when you arrive at the court with simple leg, arm, and cardio stretches for 5-10 minutes before you play. if you are unsure of some simple stretches you can do, e-mail me for some suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. That is some analogy! But I do agree with your point about warming up your auto before rolling. Warm ups bring parts and fluid condition into optimum spec range.

    ReplyDelete