Monday, March 5, 2012

Pickleball in Coquitlam, BC

Pickleball is strong in Coquitlam, BC. I was invited by some members of the New West seniors pickleball club, to come check out the Coquitlam group. They meet every Sunday evening from 5:45-7:45pm at the Centennial activity Center. Marilynne Fraser has been overseeing the club since it's inception in 2006. Last night when I attended there were 6 full courts of doubles, and since I was there Marilynne volunteered me to work with a court of new pickleball players, an honour that I couldn't pass up.

4 comments:

  1. PICKLEBALL! ADULT CO-ED, 19 yrs and up at Place Maillardville Community Centre, 1200 Cartier Avenue in Coquitlam. Wednesdays starting January 16, from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. $6 drop-in for 2 hours. Please wear non-scuff court shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, wondering if this is still happpening?

      Thanks

      Henry Wiebe

      Delete
    2. Are you meaning the Centennial or Maillardville group?

      Delete
  2. Actually , I am interested in both groups. Has Centennial restatred as I thought they were shut down for the summer.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete