Friday, December 30, 2011

Pickleball Rules Refresher: But my friends said it was in!

   I heard from some friends who played in a pickleball tournament last year in a non-medal match, hence no ref's; and their opponents kept questioning their calls, and there seemed to be questionable line calls on his end as well. At one point the opponent said, "You don't believe me? Just ask my wife, and her sister on the bench, even she saw it was in!" So when I'm playing a game tournament or not, if i am unsure about a line call on either side, can I just ask somebody on the sideline about their opinion?
   According to IFP (USAPA) rules it states:
6.D.3. Spectators should not be consulted on any line calls. Spectators may be prejudiced, unqualified, or not in position to see the call, and therefore cannot participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment