Monday, March 26, 2012

Pickleball in Ladysmith, BC

This past week I was visiting family and friends in Nanaimo, BC. I was amazed to hear of how many Vancouver Island locations have popped up that weren't around 2 years ago. I had the great opportunity to play with 30 very enthusiastic players at the Frank Jamieson Rec Center in Ladysmith. This group is new within the past year, and plays on 3 courts. I had a little trouble getting my lob shots past the slanted roof, but adapted to other styles, and had fun none the less. The best part was the $2.25 fee! Several players that play here also play in Nanaimo, Chemainus, and Duncan, and told me of outdoor courts that are being painted in these locations. Vancouver Island is all the more beautiful with the new pickleball groups, and many new pickleball friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment